This is the perfect recipe to refresh any meal or snack in a healthy way, while still leaving your taste buds tingling. The basic ingredients make this a cheap eats recipe. AND! It only takes minutes to make.
What can you eat your kiwi salsa with?
• On the go snack with crackers, chips, or pita bread
• Basic, delicious meal with white rice, shredded cheese, and beans
• Get fancy on a budget over pasta with shrimp
Tips before we start
Peeling the skin off of a kiwi can get a bit frustrating. Here’s an easy trick for getting all of the fruit out of the skin:
Okay, now that you’ve got that down, back to the recipe (crank up those tunes, though)!
Healthy + Simple Kiwi Salsa Recipe
• Cutting board
THAT’S IT! Did we mention this was simple?
Makes 2 servings
• Handful cilantro, rinsed and chopped
• Garlic clove, chopped
• 2 tomatoes, or handful cherry tomatoes, chopped
• 3 inches of a cucumber, chopped
• 1 inch fresh ginger, chopped
• Half of a kiwi*, chopped
• Half of a lemon (or lime), juiced
• 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil (or more to taste)
• Salt and pepper to taste
*You can try this recipe with other fruit too! Apples, pineapple, mango… whatever you have on hand. Experiment!
Combine cilantro, tomatoes, cucumber, ginger, kiwi, and juiced lemon. You also use a lime if you prefer (but, if you do, you may choose to add less salt)! Drizzle oil over the ingredients. Add salt and pepper to taste. Remember – start with less oil and salt, then taste test; you can always add more!
And, booyah! That’s it.
Let me know how yours turns out or if you tried it with any other fruit! I’d love to hear all about it. ENJOY!