Remember that episode when Homer Simpson sends a postcard to Marge saying: “WISH YOU WERE HER” – with a picture of a hot babe on the beach? Makes me laugh every time. And it makes me wonder why there aren’t more silly postcards written like that in the world.
So, I’ve collected real postcards from our trip to share with you. Instead of boring you with a message about the weather, I’m going to let the postcards speak for themselves, Homer-style.
If Postcards Could Talk: Wat Pho, Bangkok
1. Kids eat free Tuesday at IHOP.
2. It’s been tough finding work here in Bangkok. Fortunately I landed a job as a fashion designer for monks. What do you think – too orange?!
3. Screw this – I’m using the girl’s room. Damn monk privileges…
4. I’m training to become a monk. Not surprisingly, being a foreigner, it’s going to cost me extra. Can I borrow some money?
5. I’ve finally become a monk. Being a monk requires you to live off the generosity of others. So we’re selling orange robes as a fundraiser. Can I put you down for two?
Chips + nachos, Eric
You got one? Don’t be shy, write it in the comments below.